Friday, July 4, 2014

My open letter the the Haters.

I have a blog I use on Tumblr that was started as a Triathlon blog but it has kinda turned into an everything in my life blog. Today I got some very disturbing hate mail because of a picture I posted with a caption:

My weigh-in #288 lbs. Time to try and lose 30 pounds in 10 weeks. I think it’s totally doable.

This drew out someoe who I guess has been following my blog for a bit and now thought it was time to send me this hateful message and I did the only thing I could do. Respond in as Kind a way as I could.



So here is my open letter to the “Grey Face Coward”.

Dear Grey Face.

Thank you for taking the time out to read my posts and care enough to comment on my journey in life. Yes I have had some ups and downs, we all do. Hell no one is perfect, and if you say you are I call Bullshit.

Now Yes I have lost and gained weight. There are a few reasons as to why this has happened. Here is a short list.
  • Medication 
  • Depression 
  • My mental disability 
  • My diet 
  • MY LIFE 
So yes there are many other factors and yes I have come a long way. I will not let your simple minded thoughts deter me from reaching and passing my goals. I am setting small goals and will add to them as I pass each goal I set.

And Yes I have allot of kids. I love each and every one of my kids and if you EVER want to challenge me about my kids I will not be the nice guy I am. I can be a very bad bad man when it comes to my kids. Ask my old neighbor, he almost lost his head with my hammer.

And lastly by using the word retard you just go to show how simple minded you really are. I am not a retard; I am a human being who has a mental disability that is so far incurable. I have Tourette Syndrome. Now if you want I’d love to sit back and explain I will explain what it is that you think is retarded.

Tourette Syndrome is a neurological disorder characterized by recurrent involuntary movements, including multiple neck jerks and sometimes vocal tics, as grunts, barks, or words, especially obscenities.

Now my tics are not as bad as some (no asswipe I don’t swear) but they are noticeable to me and some of those around me. Today my tics are pretty good until now. So if you want to hate me for being different and trying my damnedest to be the best father, person, role model, inspirational figure I can be than thanks for hating, It is making me push harder and be better than I was yesterday.

Signed:

A father, Triathlete, Runner, Cyclist and Fundraiser for the Masses.

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment