Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Here is my Transformation Tuesday post. Back in 2009 I was at my heaviest weight. I was pushing 320 pounds. I had a wake up call when my dad got sick and it motivated me to get fit. I got P90X and with the help of my coaches Phil and his wife Jen I worked hard. I had some stumbles and injuries along the way. I made normal far down as 230 pounds and a series of injuries & setbacks sidelined me.

I had to have emergency surgery and was told no more lifting for 3-4 months. I listened but working out was my way to get out my issues. I started running just 17 days out for surgery. 6 months later I was running my first 10km race. I had a great teacher and he took the time out if his own IRONMAN training and taught me. He took me to my first ever triathlon and I vowed to do it myself.

Last spring I was told to not run anymore and that the dream of becoming a triathlete or an ironman may be out. I told myself last spring that I will become a Triathlete no matter what. And last fall I did. I did my first sprint Tri and I am getting back on track to train and get back in shape so I can do my IRONMAN in a few years.

I have transformed to a better person and lost that person but now it's time to transform again, this time into a fit human who will never give in again.

This is over a 4 year period. It's not an overnight thing like everyone thinks. I have fallen and picked myself up a few times. Now that I am sober and on track I think it is time to pick myself up and Kick Ass again.

No comments:

Post a Comment